Finally, Instagram business accounts have arrived.
The change adds a call-to-action button to your page, displays your sector, and, most importantly, has analytics.
Making the change is simple.
- On your mobile, open Instagram
- Go to the profile you want to change to a business account
- Click on Settings (top right corner)
- Scroll down and click “Switch to Business Account“
- This will prompt you to login to Facebook
- Login to Facebook and allow the app to view your Pages
- Select the page you want linked to the Instagram account
- Confirm the details of your business
Done! Your page will now be a business account.
PLEASE NOTE: Be cautious when choosing an account to make a business account – you can only authorise ONE page on Facebook to be an Instagram business account. This means if you manage more than one Instagram account, only one will be able to be a business account.
Once you’ve made the change, your page will change slightly. There will be a call-to-action Contact button under your general stats, and you’ll be able to explore analytics in the top right-hand corner or on individual posts.